MS, Computer Science, Concentration in Software Development – January 2009 to December 2009
BS, Computer Science – August 2005 to December 2008
- Databases: PostgreSQL, Redshift, MySQL, Oracle
- Frameworks: Django, Symfony
- Environments: Unix, Mac, Windows
- Editors: Sublime Text, Notepad++, Emacs
Have three years of experience summarizing data to provide insight into business trends. Developed some Windows-based tools in order to assist in the concise analysis of large amounts of data provided. Became quite adept at using Excel to write advanced formulas, create macros, and design pivot tables.
- Tools: Excel, Google Spreadsheets, MS Access, MySQL
- Languages: VBA, JScript
Monetate (12/2013 to 2/2015) – Software Engineer:
- Helped create an online application for delivering customizable reports.
- Helped improve and maintain a layered content manager for displaying content on highly trafficked sites.
- Helped summarize large amounts of data for large clients such as Nike.
- Created a way to show a personalized carousel (content slider) on any client's page.
- Created many custom campaigns to be displayed to users visiting our clients' sites.
- Improved the efficiency of some of the code used to deliver content to users visiting our clients' sites.
UniTek Global Services (12/2010 to 11/2012) – Data Services Developer:
- Helped develop an in-house reporting engine in Java.
- Designed the encryption used to securely access the document management system.
- Designed a Windows HTA to summarize payroll data, reducing a month long process to minutes.
Bristol-Myers Squibb (12/2008 to 11/2010) – Data Analyst II:
- Developed an in-house Excel add-on used to facilitate the summarization of large datasets.
- Assisted in the development of a software asset management system.
Bristol-Myers Squibb (5/2008 to 8/2008) – Summer Intern:
- Setup and administrated the team's SharePoint site while helping other teams become familiar with the then new technology.
- Developed two HTAs to create and distribute data for software owners.
- Organized financial data for key decision makers using Excel pivot tables.
- Explains solutions to problems often encountered in the workplace as a developer.
- Gives many examples hosted on JSBin, GitHub (Gists), and jPaq (Proofs).
- A way to easily re-use code that has been extensively tested in a large number of environments.
- Allows the developer to pick and choose the functionality desired for each project.
- Provides online documentation.